IntroductionThe Mondrian theme was originally designed and developed by Henk Vrieselaar. This latest version preserves the original 'Mondrian' name and the basic look and feel of the theme design. However all the underlying source code has been completely overhauled and this theme has all-new style and colour settings.
Some of the key features in this update include:
- Mondrian is now a responsive RapidWeaver theme design, with a toggle menu on mobile
- A phenomenal choice of quality, embedded font face options to choose from; for headings, navigation and body content
- Many more body, content, sidebar and footer background settings. In total, a choice of over 100 textured designs
- Optimised the theme for use with RapidCart Pro (sold separately) a demo of which can be viewed here
- The 'flexbox' sidebar can be positioned left or right (on desktop) in a variety of widths and top or bottom (on mobile)
- Use either a banner image dragged and dropped into RW7, a FreeStyle banner or ExtraContent 2
- Easily change the logo, title and slogan positioning without needing extra CSS code
- Increased the choice of width options available
- Added a checkbox option that lets you stretch the banner full-width of the page
- The theme now includes the complete Bootstrap 4 frontend framework, jQuery 3 and Font Awesome 5 Icons
- Toggle between an animated drop-down menu, a cool mega-menu or a more simplistic sidebar navigation layout
- Completely GDPR compliant - a self-contained theme with zero links to external websites or services
This stylish theme would be ideal for a variety of potential projects. Not only does it look great straight out of the box, but Mondrian is easy to build with, compatible with all modern web browsers and helps create webpages that load quickly. Mondrian uses valid HTML5 source code. The theme embraces some brand new web technologies, like WOFF2 embedded fonts and CSS Flexbox.
HeaderThe prominent header container in Mondrian is formed using a FreeStyle banner container. This gives you a very flexible space in which to display eye-catching media content above the page fold (hence where the name 'media' came from). This FreeStyle banner container can accommodate static images and slideshows. If you have not encountered the FreeStyle concept before, then check the details in the theme user guide. Additionally, any image placed in ExtraContent2 will be rendered as the header background. If using RW7, you can drag and drop a suitable image into the Banner drop zone of the Page Inspector.
NavigationAs any web developer will tell you, navigation is arguably the most important factor when building websites. Mondrian provides an attractive CSS-animated drop-down menu system by default. Many aspects of this drop-down menu can be customised in the theme style settings.
This latest version Mondrian provides options to change the alignment of the desktop menu bar. Some clever theme settings are also included to convert drop-down menu panels into a simple 'mega menu', with links spanning multiple columns.
If you are not especially keen of drop-down menu navigation, then don't worry. Mondrian also includes the option of split or sidebar block navigation layouts too, providing a wonderfully simple form of navigation.
On smaller screens, the menu will revert to a toggle navigation type. This avoids breakage of the menu on smaller screens (like tablets and smartphones).
To display downward-pointing caret icons after parent page links like we have in the demo site, simply enter this code after the page names:
<i class='arrow fas fa-caret-down indicator' style='font-size:18px;'></i>
Style settingsAs you have come to expect in many ThemeFlood RapidWeaver themes, Mondrian includes dozens of useful theme style and colour settings. These let modify and tweak many aspects of the theme appearance. The free demo version of Mondrian available to download from this page will give you a full insight as to what's available. You may be pleasantly surprised at just how flexible this RapidWeaver theme actually is.
Theme PhotographyThe corn stooks image used as the default banner in Mondrian was photographed by Will Woodgate. The theme license includes continued use of this image in your personal or commercial web projects, without attribution and at no additional cost. A signed photography release form is available upon request.
MoreThe free trial version of Mondrian can be downloaded using this link. There is no time limit imposed on the demo version, but page navigation links are disabled in the demo version. Watermarks may appear in parts of the page (like the banner or footer). Purchasing Mondrian provides you with a licensed copy of Mondrian; without any demo restrictions applied.
Clicking this link will take you to a sample website published using Mondrian. This may give you a better insight into how this theme looks and behaves. If you're interested to see how the demo website was built, the same project file can be downloaded here and opened in RapidWeaver. Feel free to use this file as the basis for a new website.
If you have any other questions about Mondrian, please don't hesitate to get touch.